The following draft information has been developed as part of Scarborough Synergy’s COVID-19 Response Plan. Contents
1. Contact list for COVID-19 Scarborough Synergy Clinics/Training Oversight Group
2. Scarborough Synergy COVID-19 Protocols
3. Scarborough Synergy COVID-19 Communication Plan
Contact List for Scarborough Synergy COVID-19 Oversight Group
The purpose of this group is to oversee the implementation of safety and health guidelines during clinics/training sessions organized by Scarborough Synergy Volleyball Club.
Scarborough Synergy has selected 2 individuals as the COVID-19 Oversight Group. However, depending on the size of events, we could have up to 5 people aged 18 and older.
This information will be communicated with our participants/club members in an e-mail communication and posted to the Scarborough Synergy website.
Dear Scarborough Synergy Participants/Members,
We would like to inform you of the individuals who will be acting as the COVID-19 Oversight Group as we transition back to volleyball activities.
The following people will comprise this COVID-19 Oversight Group
Should you have any questions about any aspects of the Return to Play protocols or other policies and procedures related to COVID-19, please contact one of the individuals above.
Scarborough Synergy COVID-19 Protocols
Scarborough Synergy has created the following set of protocols to deal with situations related to the COVID-19 pandemic that might occur.
These protocols will be included in an e-mail to members before volleyball activities. Synergy will also consult with their facilities to ensure alignment between facility and Synergy protocols.
Scarborough Synergy would like to thank Ontario Volleyball Association (OVA) for developing the draft information below for consideration by Synergy in creating our protocols.
Completion of Ontario Volleyball COVID-19 Waiver
All individuals participating in any Scarborough Synergy clinics/training sessions must complete the Ontario Volleyball Acknowledgment, Release, Indemnity and Assumption of Risk regarding COVID-19 (“COVID-19 Waiver”) Failure to do so means that individual can not and must not participate in any Synergy volleyball activities.
Any individual participating in Synergy volleyball activities is required to complete the COVID-19 Waiver. • Athletes
An individual becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19
• If an individual becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, or if someone is aware of an individual that becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, that individual must immediately stop participation in Synergy activities.
• The individual will be isolated from all others in a well-ventilated area, or outside and provided with a non-medical face mask if one is available.
• The individual shall be sent home and instructed to follow public health guidelines regarding self-isolation and testing.
• The facility will be informed to determine if any areas need to be closed off and/or require additional cleaning/ disinfecting.
• A member of the COVID-19 Oversight Group should be informed of the situation and should contact the individual or their parent/guardian to determine if next steps are being taken regarding testing.
An individual is tested for COVID-19
• Any individual that has signed up for Scarborough Synergy volleyball activities that has been tested for COVID-19 must not participate in activities while waiting for the results of the test.
• Scarborough Synergy will consult the Session Participation tracking sheets to inform other participants who might have been in close contact with the individual.
• Any Scarborough Synergy members/participants who were in close contact with the individual should not participate in following activities and should follow public health guidelines until the diagnosis of COVID-19 is ruled out by health professionals.
An individual tests positive for COVID-19
• If an individual tests positive for COVID-19, they should inform a member of the Scarborough Synergy COVID-19 Oversight Group.
• The COVID-19 Oversight Group will work where requested with the facility and public health officials to assist in contact tracing. The Session Participation tracking sheets may be used to assist public health officials in informing other OVA Beach Friendlies members who may have been in close contact with the individual.
• Any Synergy members/participants who were in close contact with the individual should not participate in any following activities for 14 days and should follow public health guidelines regarding self-isolation and testing • It is recommended to also inform all Scarborough Synergy members of a positive COVID-19 result within the club setting as well as the OVA.
• Scarborough Synergy will inform and work with the facility in the case of a positive COVID-19 result and determine if any additional cleaning/disinfecting should be performed as per the facility’s guidelines • Scarborough Synergy will inform Ontario Volleyball of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
Return to club volleyball activities following illness
• If no test was performed, or the COVID-19 test was negative, the individual may only return to any Scarborough Synergy activities once they no longer have any symptoms of COVID-19.
Return to club volleyball activities following COVID-19
• Following a positive COVID-19 test, an individual must follow all public health guidelines regarding return to activities.
Modification/restriction/postponing or canceling of any Scarborough Synergy volleyball activities • Based on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, Scarborough Synergy is prepared to follow public health, municipal/ provincial government, and sport recommendations regarding modifying/restricting/postponing or canceling activities.
• Registered participants will be informed as soon as possible of any modifications/restrictions or cancelations. • Scarborough Synergy will keep any modifications and restrictions in place until advised that it is safe to resume activities by public health, government, or sport officials/administrators.
Public Health Guidelines
Scarborough Synergy members/participants should follow all public health guidelines regarding COVID-19. These may include:
• Any members/participants who themselves have travelled outside of Canada, or has someone in their household who has travelled outside Canada must self-isolate and not participate in any club activities for 14 days. • Any individual who has been exposed to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 should self-isolate and is not permitted to participate in any club activities for 14 days.
• Any individual with symptoms of COVID-19 is not permitted to take part in any volleyball activities organized by Scarborough Synergy.
• Any individual who has someone in their household showing symptoms of COVID-19, should not participate in any activities organized by Scarborough Synergy.
Scarborough Synergy COVID-19 Communication Plan
Scarborough Synergy will ensure effective communication is taking place with their members/participants during the Return to Play Stages. The following will be considered by the club:
1. Ensure up to date contact information for all club activity participants is on-file
2. Determine best method to distribute information (i.e. Synergy website, direct e-mail lists, etc) 3. Determine the responsibility for communication within Scarborough Synergy during the Return to Play stages (i.e. staff, volunteer, COVID-19 Oversight Group)
4. Consider holding a online zoom meetings to deliver information on Return to Play protocols and answer any questions / concerns from club members/participants
5. Consider where communications/documents can be stored on a website for future reference by club members/ participants
6. Designate member of COVID-19 Oversight Group to follow up with any individuals who become unwell with symptoms of COVID-19 during club activities
7. Determine paper or virtual storage location for daily Session Participation Tracking sheets 8. If it is determined that a member/participant has been tested for COVID-19, inform all other club members/ participants that may have been in close contact with that individual
9. Ensure the facility and Ontario Volleyball are informed if a club member/participant is diagnosed with COVID-19. 10. Ensure the public health unit has been made aware of the member being tested positive